Monday 12 May 2008

Two milestones in one day

This afternoon Mommy came to fetch me from nursery. When she arrived I was riding a motorbike (just a toy one you push with your feet) around the playground. I was happy to see her, but while she wanted to leave I still wanted to play. I told Mommy, "I'm not going home!" She was very surprised by this, because usually I can't wait to go home, but I was having such a lot of fun!

Then, on the way home, I was asking Mommy about the people we were walking past. I kept asking Mommy, "What is that?" until she eventually told me that when we ask questions about people we say 'who' not 'what'. I think that's very odd. When we were in the shop, I asked, 'Who is that?" and Mommy got so excited that I think it must be a very big deal to say 'who' instead of 'what'. I'm not sure I understand why, but if it makes Mommy happy I'll try it again.

No comments: