Monday 31 October 2011

New school

This evening Mommy and Daddy and I went to my new school to meet my teacher for next year and to see my new classroom. I was VERY excited about it, but also a little bit nervous. I wanted to take Leo with me, but Daddy said that some of the other children might think that was a funny thing to do, so I left him in the car instead.

My classroom is the same one that Mommy had when she was at this school! I can't believe Mommy was ever that little! Mommy said that if there was time tonight she would show me a photo of herself on her first day at school, but when we got home there wasn't time for that - I had to shower and then go to bed. Maybe she'll show me tomorrow.

I have a lovely teacher. Her husband works with Mommy, so I'd met her before. There are lots of my friends from pre-primary school who are in my class, including my best friend! That means that I will have friends to play with when I come to school.

Tonight we got to draw a picture, eat a picnic supper, and then we went to play. (While we did that, Mommy and Daddy had a meeting where my teacher told them all the things they need to know for next year.) The school has kept our picture - I don't know why they want it, but maybe it's because they want to put them up at the start of next year like my Bumblebees class did this year. I had SUCH a fun time.

No comments: