Tuesday 7 June 2005

The nausea starts


It seems the nausea has finally arrived…
I’ve been feeling less tired (no doubt because I’ve just had a week off for half term), but definitely more ill. Haven’t throw up yet, although I’ve come close on more occasions than I care to mention (worst yet was in the car on the way home today, where I thought I was going to have to pull over and get sick in the gutter! Not a thrilling thought.) It seems to start after lunch and last until I go to bed. Eating constantly seems to help, as does eating fruit and avoiding too much sugar, starch and protein. Sour things also seem to help quell the nausea. I’ve also started having acid reflux, so Nesquik (strawberry) milkshake is now a staple as my bed-time drink.
Today I also had my first really bad headache – and discovered that we have no paracetamol (which I’m apparently allowed to take in small doses???) and the pharmacies are all closed; hence the early retirement to bed in a moment or two.
My first ante-natal appointment is booked for Fri 24th June, which will be bang on 12 weeks.
Nicole

No comments: