Wednesday 18 June 2008

Broken

This morning I broke my first glass... I was playing with the candles while I was standing on the toilet brushing my teeth. I stand on the toilet so I can see myself in the mirror. The candles were on a shelf next to the toilet. They are all in glasses. I was moving them into the right order, and one fell off the shelf.

Mommy was very cross at first, then she got even more mad when I tried to finish putting the others into the right order. I don't like it when Mommy gets mad, so I cried. I didn't mean to break it! Then Mommy stopped being cross and gave me a big cuddle.

After the cuddle I tried to help Mommy clean up, but she wouldn't let me help her. I don't understand why, so I cried again.

Mommy said the reason I was crying so much was cos I didn't sleep well last night. I'm sick, you see, and I keep waking up crying. I've been sick for AGES now. Last night, though, when I woke up coughing, I did a poo in my nappy, so I got up to tell Mommy. When I came out of my room there were all these people in our house! Mommy said once my nappy was changed I could stay up with them a little bit cos they were going to sing & she didn't think I'd go back to sleep with all the noise. So this morning I was very tired and didn't want to get up.

Daddy took me to the doctor this afternoon, to see what he thought about my coughing. The doctor listened to my chest and my back with a big, cold thing. Then he looked in my ears and took my temperature with a 'beep-beep' like we have at home [digital thermometer, Ed]. He also looked in my mouth. Daddy said I was very brave cos I didn't cry.

The doctor said that it looked like I had had an infection, but it was getting better all by itself. Mommy was pleased that I wouldn't have to take antibiotics. I don't know why - I like taking medicine! Not like Mommy. Mommy HATES taking medicine. I know: she won't take her medicine and Daddy gets very cross with her all the time!

No comments: