Sunday 11 January 2009

Holidays

We had a fun holiday. First we went to stay with my cousins on Uncle Thane's farm. There were lots of dogs, so Baggins and Alyssa had lots of friends to play with too.

I saw cows, and War. War is my cousin's horse. He's very big, and black. I got to see the cows being milked. We also went to another farm to see piggies. They had just been born.

We swam lots. I didn't like swimming in the dam because it was too cold, but I did like swimming in the pool. Mommy and Daddy gave me a yibo (lilo, Ed.) just like Mommy's, and a hippo (inflatable hippo, Ed). I fall off the yibo, but I love my hippo. Daddy and my cousins had a lot of water fights. At first I was very scared, but then Mommy told me they were just playing.

We camped, and I got to sleep on my new air bed in the tent. Mommy found a scorpion in my bed one evening. She didn't show it to me, but she did show me the tok-tokkie (Dung beetle) that was outside our tent.

Father Christmas came and left lots of presents in my stocking - but he got confused and put all my presents in Daddy's stocking and all Daddy's presents in my stocking, so Mommy had to fix it for us.

My big cousin Jemma let me have some of her blue juice (Energade, Ed) and I liked it so much Mommy bought me my own bottle of it.

While we were at the farm, we drove home to visit Grannie to surprise her for her Happy Birthday. It was a long drive, but Grannie was very surprised and loved her presents.

Then we went to Willow Point with my cousin Ariana. She's still a baby and can't really play with me, but I like it when she smiles at me. We were going to camp there too, but then we didn't. We stayed in the bunkhouse instead. That was nice cos Mommy slept right next to me. Every morning I got to swim with Grandma and Tata in the lake. The lake was very salty. I got to jump off the raft when I said 'one, two, three, BLAST OFF'. That was a lot of fun.

We went to the river and the beach a few times, and ate supper on the beach one night. I made lots of sand castles and swam in the waves. I got to see jelly fish and blue bottles. Alyssa and Baggins had never seen a jelly fish before and didn't know what they were.

There was a big rain spider in one room, but Daddy put it in the garden so it couldn't hurt us.

We went for a very long drive one day, to go and see the birds and monkeys (at Birds of Eden, near Plett, Ed). I enjoyed that. The monkeys kept trying to grab my lunch!

The mozzies also tried to eat me up. Mommy said she counted nearly 40 bites on me! They were so itchy they would wake me up at night and Mommy would have to put itchy cream on me. Daddy got bitten by a tick and now is very sick. (He has tick bite fever, Ed.)

Mommy and I had our hair cut. Now I have short hair. Grandma says I look very grown up.

I found a new drink that I really like - Tizer (Grapetiser, Ed.). Mommy let me have some of hers and I liked it so much that now I ask for it all the time.

It was Grandma's happy birthday too. She got magic candles that wouldn't go out, so Daddy and Uncle Phil had to keep blowing them out till they stopped being magic.

Now our holiday is finished. When I go back to nursery, I'm going to Debbie's class because I'm a big girl now. Mommy says so, hey Mommy?

No comments: