Saturday 31 January 2009

Owwie!

Yesterday we went to Daddy's school for a braai with his friends. I was riding my scooter, very fast, when I fell over and into a table. The table was hot, and so I burned myself on my arm. [Ed: we were having a spit braai, and the metal table was heated by water pipes to keep the spit warm after being removed from the fire.]

Mommy & Daddy didn't know the table was hot. I wanted a plaster, but Mommy said I couldn't have one cos there was no blood. I had to tell Mommy that even though there was no blood, I wanted a plaster, because my sore was hot. Then everyone started running around to get ice and a towel and a special spray and a bandage to put on my arm. Everyone said how brave I was, because I sat with the cold, wet towel on my arm without crying.

Now my burn is starting to blister. Mommy says I'm not allowed to touch it because that will make me sick and make my burn more sore. I have a very special spray and bandages to put on it. Mommy said it would take a while to get better. I hope it gets better soon!

No comments: