Friday 4 July 2008

Daddy's cold

Daddy was lying on the couch tonight, feeling very sick. He was shivering, so I asked if he was OK, and he said he was cold. So I went to ask Mommy to help me get a blanket. She thought I was cold, so she brought me one of my little blankets. I asked her to put it on Daddy instead.

Daddy was still cold, so I asked Mommy for another blanket for him, so then she went to get a big blanket. I asked her to put it on Daddy, which she did. But Daddy was still cold, so then I went and got all our coats that were hanging on the backs of the dining room chairs and I put them on Daddy. But he was still cold, so then I took everything I could find to put on Daddy - our shoes, DVDs, books, the TV remotes, everything off the coffee table.... Mommy came into the room again, and when she saw what I was doing she just wanted to hug me, but she didn't understand that I couldn't stop because I was BUSY HELPING DADDY cos he was cold.

So then Mommy went to get ANOTHER big blanket [actually, a double duvet this time, Ed]. Before she could put that on Daddy, she had to take off all the other things I'd put on. Because I'd gone out of the room to find more stuff to put on Daddy to help him feel warm, I wasn't there when she started taking things off. When I came back into the room, she was taking all these things off Daddy, and I got cross because - didn't she realise? - Daddy was getting COLDER!! But she wasn't listening to me, so I got even more frustrated, and so I sat down and cried.

But then Mommy gave me a cuddle and explained why she had taken everything off Daddy, and once she'd put the duvet on, I got to help her put the jackets back on Daddy's feet. And then I felt better. Poor Daddy. He's very cold tonight!

No comments: