Friday 4 July 2008

Naming

About a week ago, Mommy and I were driving in the car, on the way home from Grandma and Tata's house. We often talk in the car, about nursery, about things we see. Mommy started to tell me that everyone has at least 2 names, and that I have another name. I got a bit upset about that - I'm Janel. I don't want another name!

My name is Janel, I told Mommy. Yes, Mommy said, but your real name is Janel B-M. NO! I said. It's just Janel. Ok, said Mommy. I don't WANT another name... I just want to be Janel. I got quite upset with Mommy telling me that I had another name.

Then Mommy asked me who 'My Munchkin' was. Me, I replied. And who is Nellie Noepie? Me. And who is Baby Girl? Me. You have lots of names, Mommy said. Hmm.... I had to think about that one.

A few days ago, on the way to nursery, Mommy asked me again about my other names. I'd been thinking about what she said, that I already have a lot of names. I wasn't so upset anymore about having another name. But I can't really say my other name - it's long. Mommy says it's a mouthful.

Then, yesterday, on the way to nursery I turned to Mommy and said my other name out loud, to check that I had got it right - and Mommy didn't understand what I was saying! But after a few tries and questions, she figured it out. She was so proud of me! Sometimes Mommy is weird.

No comments: