Sunday 17 July 2005

I'm sick, and FAT


Everyone says that during pregnancy they bloomed – never been so healthy, never felt so well, never had so much energy. Well, they’re liars, I tell you, liars! I’ve never felt to tired, and sick and weak, and unwell….
While the nausea has been retreating and disappearing (thank God!!), it seems I’ve begun to be plagued by other illnesses. First there was the diarrhea bug I picked up from the kids at school 2 weeks ago. Oh what fun! Then there was the cold I picked up from the air-con while on a training course for a day last week. Joy abounds! So over the past 2 weeks I have not been a happy camper.
In the midst of all this, I preached the same sermon 3 times at church – sitting on a bar stool, I might add – and got plenty of sympathy and well-wishing from all who attended the 3 services. (That was nice – the sympathy, I mean!). I’m tired, and in the heat wave London is having (which is great – blue skies and sunshine abounds!! YAY!! A real summer!) I am feeling even hotter and fatter than usual. And I still have 2 weeks left of school this term….
Speaking of which, several people have started commenting that I’m already showing. I hate to disillusion them and embarrass myself by saying – no, actually, that’s just my fat! – so I keep my mouth shut and smile sweetly and everyone stays happy (except me, who feels even fatter as a result, and therefore goes and does an impulse buy of a very nice, evening/ special occasion blouse for comfort). (Eating chocolate doesn’t help – that just makes me fatter, which makes me more miserable!) Roll on 5 months when I will legitimately be showing and it won’t just be the fat everyone is seeing!
Still no decision on the name (do you KNOW how many names there are out there??!?!?!!?!), but we’ve decided when we have our next scan (end of Aug) that we want to know the sex, so that should help. And no decision yet on surname either…. sigh!
Let’s hope that this last stretch before the holidays sees a massive improvement and that I enter the ‘blooming’ phase, because otherwise I fear I’m going to be so tiresome I’ll bore even myself to death!
Nicole

No comments: